18 Steps To Creating Positivity In Your Life
18 Steps To Creating Positivity In Your Life
Life takes unexpected turns. We may be living our life, moving at full speed ahead when unexpectedly, we meet a new challenge and the brakes are on. We feel stuck. There are many opportunities to get our buttons pushed and, before you know it, you revert to old negative patterns.
Consider embracing the pauses in our lives with positivity. What can you do during a time when you are faced with new experiences that may cause you to feel down or defeated? How can you find the courage and patience to embrace unexpected events and perhaps develop a new perspective?
The negative pathways in our brain can be triggered and cause you to go into worry, confusion, resentments, and regrets.
Negativity is easy to slip into and creates a biochemical reaction in your body. Negative thoughts:
- Slow down the brain’s ability to function
- Makes it harder to process thoughts
- Impedes cognition and will consume you
Only you can press your own buttons and get your feelings hurt or feel insulted. You are the initiator of your own pain.
It is the easy path to feel like someone is doing something to you and the problem is outside of yourself. It is easier to blame other people than to turn it around and look at yourself.
You get to decide how quickly you want to pull yourself out of it.
It is not our fault what happened to us as kids. However, it is our responsibility as adults to heal and transform our lives from the inside out.
If I can do it. You can do it too.
Remember, everything that happens to you is an opportunity to turn it around and say this is happening for me to learn how to grow, evolve, and expand to the next level.
Positive and negative emotions look different in the brain. Research has found that someone who experiences positive emotions, such as joy or gratitude, has a much higher activity of happiness.
It requires something of you to change your ways, create new pathways, and change the vibe you put out in the world. The good news is that it is possible. New research on Neuroplasticity has shown that the brain can learn new patterns at any age.
Some health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:
- Increased life span.
- Boosted immune system and greater resistance to the common cold.
- Lower rates of depression and levels of distress.
- Increased resilience.
- Better psychological and physical well-being.
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease.
- Increased happiness and satisfaction.
18 Things To Do To Rewire Your Brain
Let’s get started today practicing 18 things you can do to rewire your brain for the positivity of life.
- Make positive thinking a habit.
- Change your vibe. Put out positive energy and see what happens.
- Choose to live in the positive celebration of life.
- Spend 5 minutes looking for positives.
- Spend 5 minutes journaling all the positives around you.
- Move from being hurt by someone to feeling compassion for them.
- Be present to the love that is all around you.
- Look at what there is to celebrate in this moment.
- Acknowledge your personal growth.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Go out of your own way to make a difference for someone.
- Take time to appreciate someone close to you.
- Take time to celebrate all your wins for this year.
- Use words that evoke strength and success. For example, “I am winning at having an awesome time with my family and friends”.
- Choose joy. Every day when you wake up you make the choice to be happy and notice the joy in your life.
- Every morning say 10 things you are grateful for in your life.
- Enjoy a nature walk, go swimming, or exercise.
- Laugh for 30 seconds to one minute every day.
TEAM Performance can help you and your organization create more positivity in your life and business. You can start the new year off right with a great understanding and appreciation of your co-workers.
To get started, I invite you to click here and do a workplace profile: Everything DiSC Workplace® Profile
Remember, what you focus on gets manifested. The energy flows where your attention goes.
Do the 18 Things To Do To Rewire Your Brain every day for 66 days and see how your life expands as you enjoy living more in the positive.
The choice is yours.
I look forward to hearing all the positive things that come out of you taking actions on these 18 steps.
The best is yet to be.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
18 Steps To Creating Positivity In Your LifePosted on Friday, May 15, 2020
The Power Of Leadership Culture: How Leaders Set the TonePosted on Sunday, September 2, 2018
What is Conflict Costing You and Your Culture?Posted on Monday, April 9, 2018
10 Action Steps You Can Take to Empower Your Brain, Workplace and LifePosted on Friday, February 23, 2018
3 Principles of Win-Win RelationshipsPosted on Monday, October 30, 2017
TEAM PERFORMANCE CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS
Our team has decades of experience transforming teams into powerhouses that can accomplish anything they set out to do, while enjoying the process. We are experts in Leadership Development, Teamwork Optimization, and Transforming Workplace Culture, and you can learn more about each of these areas by clicking the buttons below.
Excellent leaders draw on the strengths of their team members and consistently strive to bring out the best in others for the greater good of the organization.
The key to optimizing teamwork is to develop an understanding of team communication styles, turn conflict into positive energy and create win-win results.
A strong cohesive culture increases your bottom-line and helps employees bring their best selves to work, resulting in happier people, happier teams and happier stakeholders.