10 Tips to Cultivate Positivity & Celebrate Life
10 Tips to Cultivate Positivity & Celebrate Life
The New Year brings changes and opportunities for growth. Many of us set resolutions and goals to be better versions of ourselves. We may make personal goals to eat more healthfully, exercise more frequently, or be more generous and patient. Professionally, we set goals to increase business, build a better team or provide better customer experience. At work or at home, our attitude toward our goals and others fuels us to make lasting changes and meet our challenges.
On your best days achieving your goals seems easy. It is on the days that you do not feel so great, are dealing with emotional challenges or a boss is who pushing your buttons that you feel a sense of hopelessness. The human tendency is to fall into a state of I can’t do anything about it, it is useless, I will not be able to find a job as good as this one. So, you suck it up and all that starts to wear on your system.
What can you do in those situations where negative thoughts seem to be winning? Can you change your brain with positive thoughts? Yes, according to neuroscience studies, it turns out that positivity can really rewire the pathways in your brain.
Repeated research on neuroplasticity supports the power of positive thinking in changing the brain. Norman Doidge M.D., author of The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science, concludes that the brain has the ability to rewire itself and develop new neural pathways. Like exercise, changing a state of mind requires continuous work and repetition in order to build muscle strength. To strengthen the brain – in this case to foster a more positive way of thinking about life and situations, one must take steps to actively learn the new behavior of turning the negative thoughts into the positive.
Ten Tips for Cultivating Positivity and Celebrating Life:
- Tip #1: Engage in a positive exercise every day. Before bedtime, consider journaling all the positive things that happen to you in a day.
- Tip #2: Each morning, take 2 minutes to mediate or two minutes of deep breaths to allow all the good to come to you.
- Tip #3: Take time each day to show appreciation toward others.
- Tip #4: Practice positive self-talk. 85% of our self-talk can be negative. Pay attention to the voices in your head. Be mindful to talk to yourself in a positive way.
- Tip #5: Seek out and surround yourself with those who can provide positive reinforcement for you.
- Tip #6: Think of concrete ways to improve your situation. Stop the criticizing, complaining and gossip.
- Tip #7: Increase your mindfulness by being proactive and exercise your power, freedom and ability to choose your own positive responses.
- Tip #8: Look for and expect GOOD things to happen to you.
- Tip #9: Acknowledge yourself for turning it around and bringing in the positive.
- Tip #10: Celebrate all the things that are right in your world. Celebrate all your successes the small, medium and huge wins.
TEAM Performance has the tools and programs designed to help individuals and teams reach goals. Increasing trust, clarity and communication in the workplace will create more positive interactions within the workplace.
Let’s rock in 2016 and see how good our lives can really be. Join me in the opportunity of having our best year ever with greater ease than you can imagine. Remember, whatever you emphasize will multiply. What will you multiply at work and at home this year? How will you celebrate life more completely?
RECENT BLOG POSTS
18 Steps To Creating Positivity In Your LifePosted on Friday, May 15, 2020
The Power Of Leadership Culture: How Leaders Set the TonePosted on Sunday, September 2, 2018
What is Conflict Costing You and Your Culture?Posted on Monday, April 9, 2018
10 Action Steps You Can Take to Empower Your Brain, Workplace and LifePosted on Friday, February 23, 2018
3 Principles of Win-Win RelationshipsPosted on Monday, October 30, 2017
TEAM PERFORMANCE CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS
Our team has decades of experience transforming teams into powerhouses that can accomplish anything they set out to do, while enjoying the process. We are experts in Leadership Development, Teamwork Optimization, and Transforming Workplace Culture, and you can learn more about each of these areas by clicking the buttons below.
Excellent leaders draw on the strengths of their team members and consistently strive to bring out the best in others for the greater good of the organization.
The key to optimizing teamwork is to develop an understanding of team communication styles, turn conflict into positive energy and create win-win results.
A strong cohesive culture increases your bottom-line and helps employees bring their best selves to work, resulting in happier people, happier teams and happier stakeholders.